Friday, February 27, 2009

Life forces

     I had my skating class last night, which was fun, except for the fact that I was incredibly off balance throughout the entire lesson and kept tripping over myself and forgetting I was on ice skates.  At the end our instructors taught us the "lunge", which isn't actually on our level's test, but still fun.  Unfortunately, although I can do a lunge, I cannot come up out of it without falling.  Fortunately, though, since you are much closer to the ground doing a lunge than you would be doing many other skating maneuvers, the fall is not that bad.

     My skates are getting a bit scuffed, which saddened me at first, but then I decided that scuffs will only prove my dedication:



(it's kind of hard to see, but there are a couple scuffs toward the front of the boot near the sole)

     Jessica graciously drove me to Meijer this afternoon, where I bought lots and lots of food, including ingredients for a sandwich I had bought and devoured from Espresso Royal and that I had hoped to replicate.  I gave it a try tonight, and since I really liked how colorful my dinner looked, I decided to take a picture:

(Unfortunately, I don't have a food setting on my camera.  Sandwich: Ciabatta bread, sliced tomatoes and onion, goat cheese and pesto (I didn't find any at the store, so I made the poor woman's pesto: pre-grated parmesan cheese and olive oil))

Of course, my beverage of choice played an integral part in my dinner:

     Since I am a hypochondriac, I had my potassium checked because the two medications I am taking can increase potassium when taken together.  It turns out that my potassium is high, but still within the "normal" range (their range for "normal" is 3.5-4.9; my level is 4.7... whatever that means.)

     Tonight, I'm going to watch a movie about an Israeli soldier (?).  I hope to know more about the plot after having watched the movie!


3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about dirtying my running shoes! I hate scuffing up the soles for the first time on the pavement, but I quickly get over it. I just remind myself: having dirty equipment=hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, poor woman's pesto! you crack me up. is that ciabatta from costco? I love their ciabattas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, actually it's from Meijer-it was good!

    ReplyDelete