Saturday, February 7, 2009

This morning, I woke up at about 9 am and realized I had gotten sick once again over night.  I ate breakfast and still felt like crap, so I shut off my alarms that were originally intended to wake me in time to get ready for the noon kickboxing class, and fell back asleep.  The next time I awoke, it was 11:35 am.  Just enough time to get ready for kick 'n' core and get over to CRCE.  It must be a sign, I thought!  However, I wasn't quite sure my health was up to uppercutcrossjabjenga!speedskateroundhouse, so I stayed in bed another 5 minutes before deciding that my thighs felt too jiggly puffy for me to bear and began my prep work (read: change of shirt, contacts and foundation powder).  Unfortunately, one of my contacts ended up behind my eye and I had to spend precious minutes sitting hunched on my bed forcing myself to cry until I finally got it out and decided there was not enough time to reconcile with the fiesty lens.  I walked over to CRCE vision impaired and ended up being too late for the class.  "We're full," one of the four girls outside the door in flawless make-up and topiary-ed eyebrows informed me.  I wanted her inflection to be more Mean Girls-esque so that I could hate her, but there was no malice in her tone, so I sighed, "Oh wonderful" and trudged up to the last remaining elliptical machine to plow on for 20 minutes, and then left.

I saw "Bride Wars" with Mica and Dan, which was cool.  It was pretty typical/predictable, but it was nice and entertaining and held my interest.  Afterwards, we had milkshakes at Steak n Shake, and I think a girl waiting to be seated as we were paying said something flattering about Dan's butt, and later heard the word, "voluptuous" but she could have been referring to the larger white dude with the bubble butt who was paying next to Dan.

My feet have gotten so wide!  I had noticed this before, but since I got fitted for WIDE ice skates and the salesman mentioned that wearing more comfortable shoes (e.g. my Uggs) allow one's feet to expand....  I think I'm losing my arches as well :(  Luckily, the weather has warmed up and I hope I'll be able to switch off between supportive sneakers and binding stilettos soon ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you came with us and didn't see a depressing MAN movie. Now, I want to get in shape for the wedding that I don't have/want. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete