Thursday, February 5, 2009

American past-times #9

I started my skating class today!  It was wonderful.  I love being on the ice, even though I don't know how to do much on it!  One of my teachers is actually a girl I know from my church back home!  I had already learned the moves we practiced today, but, as I haven't taken a lesson in four and a half years-ish, it's really great to relearn the stuff.

I don't want to grade, I don't want to grade, I don't want to grade.  But I promised to return quizzes tomorrow.

Practical note:  Today I learned not to wear a thong and thin pants on a cold (22º feels like 10º) winter's night.

1 comment:

  1. This didn't import into my google reader, but I'm glad your class went well. Then you can teach me. It's like linguistic diffusion, only with skating!

    ReplyDelete