Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First post ever

Last May, my undergraduate (okay, junior/senior year, really) bff Special K and I decided that the "thing to do" as graduating seniors was to open gmail accounts with "professional-looking" email addresses (e.g.  "firstname.(middlename).lastname@gmail.com"), as opposed to the juvenile, sometimes emo (in my case, definitely emo) ones we had come up with in junior high or high school.  Check.  Special K and I reunited this weekend for a showing of Slumdog Millionaire, which I am obliged to say was amazing ((a) because it was, and (b) because, well, that's what the critics and everyone and his/her/its mother/father/parental guardian is saying).  Before and during the previews for this phenomenal film, two highly important questions were posed:

(1) WHAT is with the VOMIT in the movies, people?!  It was absolutely disgusting and gratuitous in Infinite Playlist (okay, much like the rest of the film), and I didn't want to see it, hear it, or smell it (I have somewhat cross-lateral senses... probably.) in the preview for Adventureland or for whatever that other movie is that contains a scene in which a girl vomits in her friend's/sister's/client's/parents' (I truly had no idea what was going on in the trailer, and my ignorance of its plot was only bested by my lack of caring thereof.) extremely unkempt apartment.

(2) Why don't I start a blog?  After all, it's "the thing to do" now that we have our grown-up gmail accounts, we're starting new lives as adult "professionals" (although, in my case, I'm really not sure how I'm classified....), and I have truly random thoughts that I am unlikely to jot down in the copious gobs of empty journals that rest on my shelves or to share them with others.

So here's my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I had just about forgotten about "Nick and Norah's Infinitely Terrible Playlist that made me want to die" until I read this. It was SO BAD. I hate Nick and Norah. I hope they broke up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reiterate: you're a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KARTHIK WHERE'S YOUR SECRET BLOG?

    ReplyDelete