Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Graduate students are the worst*

Today, I sort of flooded my bathroom.  My disgust of my trash can had hit an all-time high when not only did I realize that it smelled like old rotten cheese and Thai food, but I also discovered bits of crud at the bottom that clung on for dear life even when I hoisted the can over upside down above the dumpster outside my building.  I attempted to scrub it out myself, but the smell remained unbearable, so I propped the trash can in my bathtub, squirted some of my chocolate strawberry shower gel into the can, and let the bath water run.  Propping up the can on the ledge, thus creating a straight path from faucet into can was brilliant, as was adding the chocolatey strawberry scent, for my trash can now smells delicious (ew?).  However, I have a tendency to start a task like this, leave the room, go on the Internet, and forget about said task for just a little too long.  This is why I sometimes end up with burnt baked goods, gray soggy noodles (oh yes, they turn GRAY if you let them boil too long.) and flooded bathrooms.  After wasting 30% of the world's resources in terms of paper towels and napkins, my bathroom is now relatively dry, and actually a lot cleaner!

I ate coconut straight out of the bag today.  I'm not sure if that can be considered "stress eating" or just "weird".

Okay, I just remembered I started boiling a pot of water about 15 minutes ago, and probably should put some spaghetti in it.

*30 Rock

1 comment:

  1. Liz! Girllll, you crazy! I'm currently parboiling brown rice and hoping my project for 503 will magically start itself. Crap.

    ReplyDelete