Monday, April 20, 2009

I only date guys who drink snapple

     My only cooking pot stared up at me from the bottom of my sink, old cheese stubbornly clinging to its insides, resisting the relentless scrubbings of my sponge, one of the ones that's scratchy on one side, and soft on the other.  Suddenly, I realized that I had discovered steel wool sponges in a drawer I had forgotten about next to my under-the-sink cabinet.  I pulled one of the steel wool sponges from an S.O.S. box that boasted extraordinary spongey cleaning results when pitted against sticky, clingy bits of food.  It was round, and, strangely, blue, but I decided to use it anyway.  Wow!  A few swift scrapes of the steel wool, and the cheese came right off the pot.  I was amazed....  But... What was that?  Why was the water turning blue?  Had I been..... SABOTAGED?  
     Oh no, what will I do?  I panicked.  Is this some kind of special poison that will embed itself into my cookware and become activated every time it gets wet?  Will I never be able to use this pot again?
     I gathered my wits and checked the box.  It was very hard to find this specific detail, but it turns out that one of the amazing things about this sponge is that it contains actual soap.
     Although the blue liquid that pours out of the sponge upon adding water can be disconcerting, and it is only meant to be used once (Once I read this, I scrubbed nearly everything in my sink with the sponge), this is one badass cleaning weapon.

Just words....  Not a contender.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't use steel wool on non-stick and certain metal spots. You can scratch them all to hell.

    ReplyDelete