Sunday, April 12, 2009

And that's what it's all about

I had a great Easter weekend!  I must begin with the shallow points:  
  • I bought Clinique Happy Heart body wash for the first time and it smells soooo wonderful, and since it was Clinique Bonus Time at Macy's, I got a free bonus kit with my purchase which included a cosmetics bag, a "youth serum" (which I gave to my mom), mascara, lipstick, moisturizer I'd been thinking of buying anyway, and a blush stick.
  • My mom bought me an actual sports bra (It had been years since I'd owned one, and I'd grown sick of yanking on the bra straps of my various pushups and other inappropriate for working out undergarments during fitness classes) and silky beautiful pantyhose (I'd been buying pairs at Walgreen's, and these are Donna Karen.  BIG difference.)
  • My mom also gave me the pair of silver ballerinas she had to wear when she played on Oprah.  I could tell she loves them, but she said she wouldn't ever wear them for a normal occasion in public.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not above that at all!
     I got to see my sister this weekend, which was awesome because we don't see each other very often anymore and she's going to North Carolina for music camp (is that the right term?) this summer, which is awesome, but it means that we won't get to hang out much this year.
     I also got to see the rest of my family and friends of the family, and we had a really fun time eating at Lulu's in downtown Evanston saturday night and going to church and having Easter dinner at our house in Evanston.  I have more chocolate/Easter candy than I know what to do with.  Please help me eat this!  I also have a new iTunes card to spend.....
     I spent enough time with my Latin books for my family to think I'm studious.  Ha.
     One friend of the family told my mom that I'm "too pretty to be a professor" and her daughter told me to my face that I'm "too young to be a professor".  I kindly reminded everyone that I'm not a professor, and just wait five or how many more years and see if they still think this is true, but thanks anyway.  Although I suppose that if I look like a 16-year-old now and the my rate of aging does not accelerate, I have a good chance of still looking youthful at 27....  Right?
     My mom broke out the scrapbooks of ancestors we have in our house, but I neglected to take pictures of any of their contents, and am really kicking myself because I need to do a presentation on my family's immigration history for Italian class on Tuesday!  I have no idea how I'm going to pull this off because now I have no visual aids unless I search the Internet for my family, and the only information I have on most of my family's immigration to the US consists of "family stories" because parts of my family came over here before it actually was the United States (i.e. they were British and came over in the 1600s, most likely for religious reasons.).
     Shout-out to those who ran the half-marathon at U of I!  Congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, your weekend sounds like fun!

    And I will definitely help you eat your Easter candy. Bring it ooonnnn!

    If we ever survive this grad school hell, we will be the two youngest-looking, hottest professors evaaar.

    And thanks for the shout-out! When I was feeling rough, I thought to myself, "I have to get through this so I can share the good news with DHA!"

    ReplyDelete