Thursday, March 12, 2009

"When you're fed up shedding too many tears...

... and your memories seem like just so many souvenirs, I will come to you to ease the pain."
-Paul McCartney

     I miss Paris.  

     I really have never wanted to miss Paris, as much as I've enjoyed my times there, but it's really hit me how much I long to be back there.  Yes, I said "long".  I long for my spartan-esque dusty bedroom in my friendly foyer.


      I miss the de-stressing catharsis sessions at the local McDo (where the patrons actually look as trendy as the ones in the commercials we see for McDonald's in the US and where they constantly play the Top 40 instead of obscure 60s tunes.).  I miss having a gigantic grocery store across the street, even though its delivery trucks would wake me up at 6am every morning.  

     I miss taking easy and convenient public transportation, mousse sold in little cups right next to the yogurt, little old ladies who would randomly initiate pleasant conversations on the street and even the creepos who wanted me to stop and bavarder with them.  I miss eating a croque aux 2 fromages.  Yes, they have vegetarian croques and they're amazing, and I want one now  (ooh I just found some recipes online!)!
     I miss browsing in any of the Gilbert stores, walking all over the place, buying cheap teenybopper clothes at Jennyfer, walking past history and fantastic architecture.  I miss going to the free contemporary art museum...
... and chilling on the Pompidou plaza. 
     Oh yeah, and easy access to the musée du Louvre was also cool.  
     Yup, it's spring again.

2 comments:

  1. F--- Paris. It sucks. Friggin' gypsies touched my sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAha. That's okay. We had these guys yell expletives at us because we wouldn't give them our cheese on the pont des artistes. Then they came back later to show us that OTHER, kinder people had given them some cheese. I also almost tripped over a homeless man in the Luxembourg RER station. Ooh, and one time, when I was with my family, we saw a baggie of urine tied to a handrail in one of the metro stations. Châtelet smells so gross that I named the pee-smelling bathroom in the basement of our foyer when I studied abroad, "Châtelet". One time I was out with my friends and this weird gross guy in army garb kept following us and calling us "English bitches". He almost grabbed one of my friend's asses, as well. Isn't Paris great?

    ReplyDelete